Hot stone massage is a specialty massage where the therapist uses smooth, heated stones, either as an extension of their own hands, or by placing them on the body while they massage other parts of the body. The stones are placed at specific points on the back, in the palms of the hand, or on the feet. The heat is deeply relaxing, helping to warm up tight muscles so the therapist can work more deeply, more quickly.
Combining hot stone protocols with a full body massage provides a very healing and effective experience. You may add aromatherapy essential oils to your hot stone massage to enhance your experience. Just be sure to let your therapist know before your appointment begins. Hot stone massage is perfect for people who tend to feel chilly or who have cold feet!
Benefits of Hot Stone Therapy:
- Provides relief from pain associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and other chronic conditions
- Decreases pain and muscle spasms
- Reduces chronic stress and tension
- Increases flexibility in joints, aiding in easier mobility and movement
- Relieves pain and tension created by strained and contracted muscles
Hot Stone massage is not appropriate if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, or are on medication that thins your blood. You shouldn’t get a hot stone massage if you are pregnant or have sunburn. You also may want to reconsider if you are menopausal, as it may trigger a hot flash.
Melt away your tension and stress by booking a comforting, relaxing hot stone massage by a trained professional at Eye Street Massage Therapy.
We clean and sanitize the stones after every session.